Alco Company at Sam Levitz Furniture
In 1945 with a small building located in NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mr. Alvin Cohn and his son William Cohn started selling warehouse furniture in the Midwest under the name of "The Alco Company."
After being in business for a number of years, Mr. Cohn added Mr. Melvin Larson in the business on January 1, 1951. Shortly after Mr. Cohn;s son-in-law, Mr. George Selcer, joined the company. This partnership continued until Mr. Cohn passed away in 1966. Mr. Selcer and Mr. Larson remained partners and the business continued to grow. Even when Mr. Selcer passed away in 1987, Mr. Larson kept the business going as the oldest furniture distribution warehouse in the area.
Mr. Larson expanded the company, adding new furniture lines and a new variety of products, doubling the company's sales and product lines. Mr. Larson, with salesman Mr. Robert Markstrom, Mr. Stuart Sinykin and his son Mr. Randall Larson, pushed the company to over $15 million in sales in 1998.
Entering the new millenium, The Alco Company is ready to reshape the distribution of furniture in the Midwest. As times change, business must adapt or fail, and The Alco Company has changed with the times. We still believe quality merchandise, reliable service and competitive pricing are the traits that business should be based upon.
"Alco" is the oldest name in furniture distribution in the Midwest. Independent furniture retailers throughout the Midwest know Alco for its quality products, helpful service, reliable on-time shipping and great prices.
China Cabinets & Side Pieces by Alco Company
Dining Chairs by Alco Company